By registering for the conference you agree to the following terms and conditions.
1. The AMUN is open exclusively to students in Grades 10 to 13. This includes Greek Senior High School (Lykeio) and any equivalent (I.B., German Abitur etc).
2. The Organisers reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time and without prior notice.
3. Delegates are expected to be present at the conference for its entirety. Absences from the conference are not permitted. The Organisers reserve the right to withhold the certificates of participation of those delegates who are unjustifiably absent from the sessions. Evening lessons or private lessons shall not be acceptable justifications for an absence.
4. High standards of conduct are demanded of all participants throughout the duration of the conference. Respect is to be shown to all delegates, Officers, Advisors and Staff. Smoking and consumption of alcoholic beverages will be prohibited everywhere in the conference premises. The use of mobile phones will be prohibited during sessions. Violation of any of the above rules may lead to temporary or permanent expulsion from the conference at the discretion of the Organisers. The Organisers reserve the right to withhold the certificates of participation of those participants who fail to comply with any of the above requirements.
5. Advisors are responsible for the conduct of their students throughout the duration of the conference including sessions and recesses. The Organisers shall in no way be held accountable for damage or injury incurred upon by the students as a result of misconduct, including but not limited to leaving the premises without the permission of their Advisor(s).
6. Schools are required to place a delegate in EACH seat that is assigned to them according to the forum allocation list. No seats shall be left open. If your school cannot fulfill this requirement, you MUST notify the Organisers as soon as possible and TWO WEEKS before the student registration deadline at the latest. At the bare minimum, all Security Council positions must be filled.
7. While schools may register more than one advisor for the conference, the Organisers undertake to secure seating in the GA Auditorium and ECOSOC conference room for 1 advisor per school at any given time.
8. The Organisers will provide a 90% refund of the fees for cancellation requests by schools that are received in writing (e-mail) on or before January 23, 2019. Further cancellation requests received by February 23, 2019 will be entitled to a 50% refund. Requests received on or after February 23, 2019 will be turned down.
9. Individual cancellation requests (i.e. cancellation of seats that have been previously assigned) will be treated as above.
10. The Organisers will be accepting corrections (changes, replacements, additions) to the issued certificates of participation ONLY during the week following the conference. Correction requests received after March 24, 2019 will be disregarded.
11. By registering for the 22nd Athens Model United Nations you authorize the Hellenic Model United Nations Organisation (HMUNO) and its Executive Team, to take photos and video and make any other type of recording of the participating students, their written and spoken work, the school Advisors, and any and all persons or guests affiliated with your school, during the 22nd Athens Model United Nations held in Athens, from 15-17 March 2019, and to reprint, transcribe, edit, excerpt from, or otherwise include any and all material from such event on the HMUNO website, any other websites or social media connected to HMUNO, and in other promotional and educational materials prepared by HMUNO for distribution internally and externally anywhere in the world. If you do not agree to the foregoing, you may decline your consent only by contacting the AMUN Organising Team in writing at amun[at]hmuno[dot]org.